Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tues. Sept 7 2010

Today reality hit. We had great lessons on teaching and I felt very confident in my abilities. Then we went into a gym with small groups set up and Malcolm and I had a person acting as an investigator to teach. He asked us where we were going and when we said Little Rock he said OK I'll be southern Baptist. It was really hard and several times I got very flustered . He asked really hard questions and tried to go off topic often. After 45 min. I was ready to go home. When I told that to my district group they thought I meant back to Motel 8 but I said no I mean Colorado, this is hard. We saw a Tanner Wiscombe here tonight at the Fireside he is from our home ward. Tell his Mom he was smiling alot and was chosen to stand by the door at the podium . Lowell M Snow from the 2nd Quorum of Seventy spoke . It was so good! He talked about Choices This is from my notes
What was it that brought you here? Why are you here? Life is a series of choices we make. What have you learned about choosing? How will you make the right choice?
Choosing becomes, becoming. Earth was created so we would have a place to choose.
Abr. 3:23-26 moses7:32-33

The best choice is to choose him. If we don't have experience in choosing him we won't be able to help others to choose him. Consistently choosing him = becoming like him
Prayer is not to change the will of god but for us to find out what his choice is for us and for help to make that happen.
Faith is confidence in him to choose him and to act accordingly
Faith to do what God wants trust his judgement
Choices reveal us
You can't give permission to do something if you didn't make the rule. You choose him by keeping the rules
My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they choose me.
What do you do when you choose poorly?
repent When have you repented last? if not yesterday then you are in denial or slow on the uptake. If you repent he will give you everything he has and his power to help you.
Decide right now to always for the rest of your life that you will choose him then help others to choose him also.
This made today worth it and I will try tomorrow to explain the plan of salvation without flubbing it up. Love to y'all and may we always choose to follow him. Love Sis Wall

Monday, September 6, 2010

Mission Life

I have waited all my life to serve a mission and go to the MTC. So today we drove up to the front to check in and the greeter said we would be staying at motel 8. I laughed knowing what kidders elder missionaries can be , then realized he was handing me directions to the motel. We have our classes at the MTC but are staying down the street at the Motel 8, at least it was a non smoking room. We met with all the other senior missionaries and did introductions. Most were from Utah a few from California and we represented Colorado. There are two going to Fiji, one to Samoa, one to Marshall Islands, one to Singapore, one to Mongolia, about 5 to Africa, one to Sweden, one to London, I sat there thinking of all these exotic places then came our turn and we proudly announced Little Rock Arkansas. I could see the envy in the faces of all who wished they were us. We had orientation about staying healthy, washing our hands, after dogs lick them, before eating, and after tracting. You know shaking hands is really germ-ie. We also learned about creating clean drinking water, first filter it through a coffee filter(preferably not used before) then boil 2 min. They also sell a water bottle with a great filter that takes any water and produces clean drinking water. We are getting those because you never know when you will need them in Little Rock. The food is not as bad as everyone was telling us, it is really pretty healthy. We were warned about the salad dressing causing gastrointestinal problems that make studying in small enclosed rooms with others aromatic, we have stayed away from that with a ten foot pole and box of pepto. So we had a great day and are heading to our Motel8 for study and prayer, I am so excited to be doing this but for the life of me I don't know why that is why faith is such a powerful force. Love to all Kathryn

No comments: