Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Sept 13

Today we started our CES (church educational system) training and it has been really good.
We learned how to read the scriptures in preparation to teach. First you divide the verses into topic sections, then next to each section you write a summery of what its about, then the principle it teaches or the background it provides to the content. Then you put down how best to present that principle or just to summarize it quickly. We had to practice that and tomorrow we have to teach using that system. We are doing 1Nephi 16 so I'm going to work on it tonight when I can think clearly and not be under pressure to think in public or quickly tomorrow. We also got the 4 goals of our job. Enlighten, love, edify, involve. Quote Boyd K Packer True doctrine, understood, changes behavior, (I hope I got that right)
Principles I learned today
1. Principles are concentrated truth , packaged for application
2. Forced obedience yields no enduring fruit. (Richard G Scott)
3.Reverence invites Revelation
4. Purity proceeds power

I still don't know if we will be doing a lot of teaching in Little Rock, but it sounds like maybe we will be the institute teachers, and if so we will be teaching several nights a week so I will have great opportunity to utilize these lessons.

No comments: