Friday, November 5, 2010

Another Great Day

It started out questionable when I couldn't walk my back was pinching a nerve in my left leg. I had to lay on the floor and try and crack it then iced it. Elder Wall was working on business problems, we had two brick walls fall down at one of his apartment complexes and he needed to get insurance claims adjusters and contractors hooked up to fix it . Paula our wonderful assistant is a life saver for us, she is so capable Elder Wall should give her a raise she already had my life long thanks. Anyway we didn't get away until around 2 pm and feeling like we wasted our day. While lying on the floor for my back I made up invitations for the pot luck dinner and broadcast talk by Elder Ballard on Sun. for the young adults. Here is a sample.

DINNER AND A BROADCAST TALK

THIS SUNDAY NOV. 7TH.

OTTER CREEK STAKE BLD.

(Otter Creek Pkwy. , 1st. left after gates, then 2nd church)

ELDER M. RUSSELL BALLARD


HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHAT DIVINE PARENTAL ADVICE HEAVENLY FATHER WOULD GIVE YOU, A YOUNG ADULT , TRYING TO LIVE A RIGHTEOUS LIFE IN THE WORLD TODAY? ONE OF JESUS CHRIST’S 12 APOSTLES LIVING ON THE EARTH TODAY WILL SPEAK SUNDAY NIGHT, SPECIFICALLY TO THE YOUNG ADULTS. COME WITH A PRAYER IN YOUR HEART

AND YOU WILL RECEIVE .


POT LUCK DINNER 6:00 pm BROADCAST 7:00 pm

( Come even if your pot has no luck , there will be plenty)


I am making my famous chicken wings and Piggy Sue's pineapple angle food cake.





Anyway we went out to deliver some to our young adults and first we visited our two track boys one who came to institute Wed. and he was not home but the other roommate was and we got to talk to him, he is from Australia and runs cross country, so we were stoked to have caught him home, then we went to the hood to leave one for Tony who was baptized and rapped his testimony, he is doing great. , Then to my first boy from the hood and he was home and has the cutest smile we visited with him and I hope he tries to make it, I promised him I'd save a chicken wing for him. With four visits catching him home was a real treat. Then off to my other gangsta boy and he wasn't home but we met his older brother and he was very nice to us, he drove up when we were at the door , so a suit , white shirt and name tag really comes in handy, we were immediately identified as non threatening , then for the cherry on top. For our 5 visit way down south to the Returned Missionary who is inactive, with the "attack goose" We have met his Mother, his Father but have never caught him home, I saw a car in the driveway last week and thought that must be his and he was home but no one answered the door, so I left muffins on the door handle for him. Well while driving down there I called his Mom's phone and left a message that we were coming again and had an invitation for her son. When we got there the car was in the drive again, that I thought must be his, and when we knocked we heard a male voice say just hold on a minute . Then the door opened and there was our RM he was sicker than a dog and got out of bed to meet us, he knew we were coming because of my message on the machine, and wanted to see who had been leaving him cookies and muffins and notes about making good choices in life. That was us! We said we would return another time and left him the invitation and said we would love to see him at it if he felt better, and if not I would bring chicken wings , ok so its not chicken soup , but they make me feel better when I eat them. Then there is this one young man who we haven't contacted because we have no address but know he works at this restaurant so it was dinner time and we went to dinner there and took an invitation in with us and guess what! Aw you guessed it. He stopped by out table and talked for a few minutes and we hope he will come to the pot luck, it would be his first YSA(young single adults) contact in possibly 2-3 years. We had another great day. The baptism Sat. for a wonderful young mother from South Africa has been postponed, she is great and just needs a little more time. Love to Yall

2 comments:

Chrissy Hancey said...

I have a hard time reading about your days, because it makes me miss you so much. I am glad that you are loving you mission so much, makes me smile!!

cmontroy said...

I wish I was there! You are doing amazing work. Feeding all our hungry YSA friends over the summers engrained it into you that food will get you in, and it is! Love You!!!